Thursday, January 10, 2013

MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge

Well, it is time for another MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I just got my first A` La Mode stamp set, so I wanted to try it out.   I was a little nervous about coloring in the thin arms & legs, but I did ok and didn't go out of the lines using multiple colors - phew!!!  For the sketch this week I turned the sketch upside down.  The image was facing to the left and I just thought the sentiment should do the same.  I didn't have an oval die big enough for the image, so I improvised with one of my other dies.  And since there were balloons - you know the glossy accents was going to be used!  Here's the sketch this week...



    


Here's my card...




As you can see I used the same die to cut out red card stock and just cut it in half, trimmed the edges, so they wouldn't peak out and attached it to the sides of my image.  Since this was a simple sketch I used a couple of pattern papers to jazz it up a little bit.  I think this turned out cute, so she is off in the mail for my sister's birthday later this month!  


Here's the details:

Stamps: A` La Mode "Big Birthday Wishes" (image & sentiment)
Glossy Accents
Skin: E000, E00, E21, R20
Hair: E31, E33, E35, E37
Pants: R20, R22, R24, R27
Shoes & Shadows: W00, W1, W3, W5, W7

P.S.  I just received my MFT order last week with the A` La Mode stamp set.  I could not find the stamp set when I tried to link up to the site for my post.  I tried googling it with the same results.  I don't know if this is just an error or if it has been discontinued.  Sorry about that.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.