Tuesday, January 1, 2013

PTI Make It Monday Challenge Using Harvest Berries

Today's card was made for the PTI Make It Monday Challenge on Nichole Heady's blog.  This week's Make It Monday video shows Betsy Veldman's technique for chalk art.  To see more on the challenge and Betsy's video click HERE.  This technique has become very popular recently.  If you would like to see more of Betsy's beautiful creations click HERE.  So for  my card, I used the PTI stamp set Harvest Berries.  With this technique your embossing buddy will become your very best friend.  You really need one if you don't have one.  I also would suggest using a good quality embossing powder depending on how detailed your image is.  



Inside Sentiment:
Happy Birthday


White Color Pencil

P.S...I still am not happy with how my photos are turning out, so my next investment is to get a light  tent.  I hope that will help to get a brighter pic.  When I took this it actually was is considered sunny for this area.  I've read some articles on how to get a better pic, but so far I haven't been able to get the look that I need for a good photo.  I guess I just have to keep trying.
Till next time...







9 comments:

  1. Wow! Harvest Berries looks fabulous with this technique! I'll have to try them out! Your card is fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda! Good luck with your goal of getting published in the next year! Just a quick note on the photos...do you edit them? I don't think you need a light tent, just do some digital editing.If you send me your e-mail address (you can find a link to mine on my blog in the sidebar)I can show you how the edited photo would look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stamp choice. Beautiful stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty I love the harvest berries with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sentiment is perfect for the chalk art effect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you used the image to frame the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty. Those images look great with the chalkboard technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! You really nailed this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.