Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dutch Dare Challenge #209 - Shaped Cards

Well, I'm back... 
I still have my brace on for another week and many weeks of rehab in front of me.  I am trying to use my left hand as much as I can.  The more I use it the quicker I will regain my mobility.  You just have to tolerate the pain and use a sticky tool to pick up small objects, since my fingers still don't grasp well.  With that in mind I wanted to join the design team this week at the Dutch Dare Challenge.  The challenge to make a shaped card - basically something other than a rectangle.  Our sponsor this week is Sassy Studios Designs.  The image I selected was "Madam Honey".  Hope you can join us this week!




 For this card I took a piece of white card stock - folded it in half.  I positioned my largest circle die just slightly above the fold to create a round card.  Using the same die I cut out a piece of pattered paper (DCWV The Once Upon Time) and attached it to the front of the card face.  I then took a piece of SU Wild Wasbi paper, ran it though my big shot with my largest Nestabilities "Beaded Circle" die. I punched out several small circles using SU Brushed Gold card stock and added them to the beaded part of the die cut.  I attached this to the back of the white card.  I finished by adding my image that was colored with my copics.  The sentiment was computer generated and die cut using my Die-namic Fishtail Flags.  I used a gold gel pen and Stickles to accent the image and Glossy Accents on her crystal ball.  If this made absolutely no sense I have a pic to show what I'm talking about.  It's a little blurry since I took it it one handed.






At this point I will try to post as much as I can.  This card was whole day project with some help from my husband.  So until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Linda, fabulous colouring of the image I like the shape and the backing paper.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.