Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dutch Dare Challenge #221 - For Dad

Father's Day is June 16th, so the Dutch Dare Challenge this week is "For Dad".  Our sponsor is Crafty Sentiments Designs and I am using their very cute "Lilly" digi image.  I went with the idea of Daddy's little girl giving the card to her father and Lilly fit the card perfectly.  I colored her in with my Copics and fussy cut the image.  All the papers are from Recollections "Bold Basics" and the border die is from MFT "Retro Squares".  I punched some small circles with a hole punch and added them to the centers of the die cuts.  It just looked a little bland without.  I popped up my image on a die cut circle to give it some grounding.  And lastly added some black Liquid Pearls to the center of the flowers on her dress to add some dimension.  Since the card is meant to be more masculine even with the Lily image I used more dark tones for my papers.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this week.  


Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...
I love hearing from you and checking out your blog.